Realizing how awkward it is to write bios in third person, I’ll just keep this personal. I am a consultant and an entrepreneur with a major passion for social enterprise. On top of that, I am continuously evolving, along with my ideas on how to best give purpose to that passion. Currently, I am doing so by working as a social business consultant in Cambodia, helping NGOs and social enterprises become more financially sustainable.
Born in Arnhem, the Netherlands in 1986 and raised in the provincial town of Sneek by loving parents, I ventured out into the world upon turning 18. In the ten years past, I have lived in Canada (twice), France, Ireland and Turkey, as well as in a number of Dutch cities including Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Groningen. In August 2014, I arrived in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, to start a new episode.
I am highly committed to the success of social entrepreneurship, evidenced by my pro bono involvement in an online social business platform, educational activities and coaching, as well as previous consultancy activities.
With experience in strategy consulting, business development and sales, and having been involved in several social start-ups myself, I currently offer NGOs and social enterprises to bring in a more business-oriented perspective.
Defining myself as a typical “first follower”, I like to find ideas I believe in, cut away the 80% ‘clutter’ and then turn the remaining 20% into an actionable strategy. I am an avid networker who loves to learn, and am at my best when transferring knowledge and passion to the people around me.