Inviting y0u to KRWF 2017’s official opening November 1 at Chinese House
This year’s Kampot Readers & Writers Festival 2017 Opening Night will be held at one of Phnom Penh’s most stunning and salubrious colonial heritage sites, Chinese House on Sisowath Quay.
- 3-5pm media launch plus opportunity for journalists to meet and interview guests.
- 6pm official launch and welcome speeches plus announcement of Cambodian Emerging Writer’s travel prize – winner 10-15 mins
- 6.15 -6.30 introducing all guest writers present and inviting each to the podium as well as guests to meet and mingle
- 6.30 – 7.30pm short talks from Jung Chang & Madeliene Thein, and welcome by H.E. Ambassador Donica Pottie, Canadian ambassador to Laos, Cambodia and Thailand to the Canadian delegation and Kampot Readers & Writers Festival.
- 7.15-8pm Cocktails and mingle 8pm -8.45pm – short concert Channthy and acoustic trio plus Khmer Apsara dancers – Channthy and guests discuss her journey as one of Cambodia’s most renowned international singer songwriter
- 9pm – 10 KRWF Poetry Curator Scott Bywater presents music and verse – writers and poets performing short works ‘freestyle’ with jazz improvisations featuring Asialink resident Dan Davies double bass and a selection of featured poets and spoken word artists with very special guest Esi Edugyan closing the night with a short reading from her Giller Prize winning novel Half Blood Blues
- 10pm – late, mingle til Midnight